TERMS & CONDITIONS
Last Updated May 29, 2019
The Finer Details
- By using this site you swear and affirm that you are over the age of 21. Without exception, every person using the site or receiving a shipment of alcoholic beverages must be over the age of 21. Parents: consider installation of a commercially available parental control service or program to prevent access to age-restricted content.
- All shipping costs are to be paid by the Buyer. Hopsy makes no representation to the legal rights of anyone to ship or import beverages containing alcohol. By placing an order, you authorize Hopsy to act on your behalf to engage a common carrier to deliver your order to you. The Buyer is reminded that various states impose limitations on the quantity of alcoholic beverages, which may be purchased and brought into their jurisdiction without requiring the purchaser, the seller, or the shipper to possess certain licenses or permits. Hopsy, as a condition of sale, assumes no obligation and bears no responsibility whatsoever for applying for or obtaining any such permits or licenses. Therefore, the Buyer is strongly advised to investigate such limitations and to determine the manner in which alcoholic beverages may lawfully be brought. The Buyer is responsible for all applicable excise, use, and sales taxes due their state related to the purchase of any taxable goods.
- When you give Hopsy, Inc. your credit or debit card details you are confirming that you are the cardholder or have permission from the cardholder to use the card on this website. For your own safety we reserve the right to contact your card issuer for the purposes of carrying out security checks.
- We reserve the right to cancel any orders that cannot be fulfilled for any reason. If your order is cancelled we will contact you to explain why and refund any money you have paid us for that order.
- Hopsy, Inc. makes every effort to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and current; however Hopsy, Inc. provides this web site and its contents on an "as is" basis and expressly disclaims all representations or warranties of any kind with respect to this website and its contents. Hopsy, Inc. also reserves the right to change price and availability information without notice. Hopsy, Inc. shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for products and/or services listed at an incorrect price, rebate or discount, or containing any other incorrect information or typographical errors.
- You agree not to do the following while using the Hopsy, Inc. website: a) Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable law or regulation or b) access, tamper with, or use nonpublic areas of the Hopsy, Inc. site or Hopsy, Inc.'s computer systems.
- The Hopsy, Inc. website may contain links to other web sites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that Hopsy, Inc. is not responsible or liable for (1) the availability or accuracy of such web sites or resources; or (2) the content, advertising, or products on or available from such websites or resources. The inclusion of any link on the Hopsy, Inc. website does not imply that Hopsy, Inc. endorses the linked site.
- Hopsy, Inc. will give you any necessary notices by posting them on the Hopsy, Inc. site or by sending them to you by electronic mail, at Hopsy, Inc.'s election. Hopsy, Inc. reserves the right to update these terms and conditions, with no notice to you, at any time.
- DMCA notifications can be sent to [email protected].
- All design, text, graphics, the selection and arrangement thereof, and all software are Copyright 2015 Hopsy, Inc., ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Permission is granted to electronically copy and to print in hard copy portions of this site for the sole purpose of using this website as a shopping resource. Any other use of materials on this website without the prior written permission of Hopsy, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Shipping and Returns
We do our best to make sure shipments arrive quickly and in good condition. For that reason, if the weather is too hot or too cold, we may delay shipment until conditions are more favorable. We will keep you notified if this happens.
Proof of age - we can deliver only to people aged 21 and over, so our drivers will require valid ID.
If your order goes missing, or is damaged, between dispatch and delivery, we will send you a replacement order as soon as we can. If we are unable to dispatch replacement goods within 7 days we will offer you a full refund.
All sales of products are final. Prices for products offered may change at any time, and Hopsy does not provide price protection or refunds in the event of a price reduction or promotional offering. We do not issue refunds once the order is confirmed and the product is sent. We recommend contacting us for assistance if you experience any issues receiving our products.
Any Hopsy, Inc. promotions, discounts or vouchers are single use only and not to be used in conjunction with any other promotion, discount or voucher unless otherwise stated.
If you’ve gotten a coupon from us, here's how they work:
- Before you get spending, you have to register with us first, which includes registering your credit/debit card details, so we can verify your age and eligibility and take down your delivery details.
- The discount coupons are for first time customers only, and it's one coupon per person (we can't give too much beer away I'm afraid!), unless otherwise stated.
- You can register and redeem the coupon online, but if you have any problems or issues, you can email [email protected].
- There may be some products that the coupons cannot be used against, but we'll make it clear when that is the case.
- Be sure to read the terms and conditions on the promotion carefully. We operate on a fair use policy. We honor promotions when they have been honestly obtained, and reserve the right to close your account(s) if we suspect that you are downloading promotions from a promotion site or otherwise reproducing them or abusing them. It is just not fair to us, our partners and brewers or our other customers.
- The promotional value is not refundable.
- Our coupons do not apply to corporate orders. We reserve the right to limit the number of orders with coupons delivered to a same address, even by different new customers. For all corporate events, please contact us at [email protected]
In the event that you are issued a credit from Hopsy, you will have 60 days to use the credit. After 60 days, any unused credit will be forfeited and expire.
Hopsy gift cards are redeemable for merchandise (excluding gift cards) online only at www.hopsy.beer. Not redeemable for cash except where required by law. May not be used to pay on credit accounts. Lost, stolen or damaged gift cards may be canceled and replaced with a new gift card in the amount of the then remaining balance upon proof as required by Hopsy. Card has no value until activated. No fees or expiration date. For Balance Inquiry or Customer Service, send us an email at [email protected] and we’ll help you out. Only 1 gift card code may be used per order. Gift Cards do not have an expiration date.
If you post a comment on any of the public sections of the site, or provide a product review or rating, your comments will be in the public domain and therefore will be visible to anyone who visits the site. Therefore, please don't say anything embarrassing, nasty or private.
Users may access their Account to update or delete their personal information and change their privacy settings. To do this simply log into the Account section of the website and edit your profile.
Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, events or other information or content expressed or made available on the Hopsy, Inc. website by third parties (including information providers and users) are those of the respective author(s) or distributor(s) and not of Hopsy, Inc. Hopsy, Inc. neither endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, information, or statement made on the Hopsy, Inc. website by anyone other than authorized Hopsy, Inc.'s employees acting in their official capacities.
Limitation of Liability
Your use of the Hopsy, Inc. website is at your own risk and you assume full responsibility for all costs associated with all necessary servicing or repair of any equipment you use in connection with your use of the website. Hopsy, Inc. and its suppliers make no representations about the suitability, reliability, availability, timeliness, and accuracy of the Hopsy, Inc. website. In no event shall Hopsy, Inc. and/or its suppliers be liable for any indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages or any damages whatsoever including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profits, arising out of or in any way connected with the Hopsy, Inc. website, the use or performance of the Hopsy, Inc. website, the delay or inability to use the Hopsy, Inc. website, the provision of or failure to provide services, or for any events, information, software, products, services and related graphics obtained through the Hopsy, Inc. website, or otherwise arising out of the use of the Hopsy, Inc. website, whether based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liability or otherwise, even if Hopsy, Inc. or any of its suppliers has been advised of the possibility of damages. If you are dissatisfied with any portion of the Hopsy, Inc. website, or with any of these terms of service, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Hopsy, Inc. website. This sole and exclusive remedy is separate and independent of any other provision that limits Hopsy, Inc.'s liability or your remedies.
Hopsy, Inc. shall be excused from performance under these Terms of Service if Hopsy, Inc. is prevented, forbidden or delayed from performing, or omits to perform, any act or requirement by reason of: (a) any provision of any present or future law or regulation or order of the United States of America, or any state thereof, (b) any act or omission of a third party, or (c) any act of God, emergency condition, war, computer or telecommunications failure or other circumstance beyond the control of Hopsy, Inc.
Hopsy respects the intellectual property rights of others and gives credit when it uses content produced by others. Hopsy expects its users to do the same.
It is Hopsy’s policy, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, to disable and/or terminate the account or access of users who repeatedly infringe or are repeatedly charged with infringing the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of others.
You may request permission to use the copyright materials on our website by sending an email to [email protected]
Automatic Renewal Terms
With respect of Hopsy subscriptions subject to automatic renewal, you agree that Hopsy may submit periodic charges (e.g., monthly) to your chosen payment method without further authorization from you, until you provide prior notice that you wish to terminate this authorization or to change your payment method. You agree that such notice will not affect charges submitted before Hopsy reasonably could act.
Product Information; Limitation on Quantities
We strive to ensure that the information on the site is complete and reliable. Certain information may contain pricing errors, typographical errors and other errors or inaccuracies, which we may correct without liability. We also reserve the right to limit quantities purchased by customers and to revise, suspend, or terminate an event, promotion or product at any time without notice (including after an order has been submitted or acknowledged). We do not guarantee that all products described on our site will be available.
The monthly membership fee for the Hopsy Club varies by the number of mini-kegs in the membership. For memberships with 6 or more mini-kegs, the monthly charge is $14.99 per mini-keg. For memberships with 4 mini-kegs, the monthly charge is $16.99 per mini-keg and for less than 4 mini-kegs, the monthly charge is $17.99 per mini-keg. This fee is non-refundable except as expressly set forth below. Taxes may apply on either or both of the membership fee and the shipping charges. Shipping charges are additional. UNLESS YOU NOTIFY US BEFORE RENEWAL THAT YOU WANT TO CANCEL, YOU UNDERSTAND YOUR MEMBERSHIP WILL AUTOMATICALLY RENEW AND YOU AUTHORIZE US TO COLLECT THE THEN-APPLICABLE MEMBERSHIP FEE AND ANY TAXES, USING ANY PAYMENT METHOD WE HAVE ON RECORD FOR YOU.
THE SUB® Hopsy Limited Warranty
How long is THE SUB® Limited Warranty valid?
This Limited Warranty is valid for six (6) months from the original date of purchase of THE SUB®. The original sales receipt is required as proof of purchase. If service work is carried out under Limited Warranty, this will not extend the Limited Warranty period for the appliance, or for the new parts.
What is covered under this Limited Warranty?
The Limited Warranty covers faults of the appliance, which have been caused by faulty construction or material faults from the date of purchase from Hopsy. This Limited Warranty applies to domestic use only. The exceptions are specified under the headline “What is not covered under this Limited Warranty?” Within the Limited Warranty period, the costs to remedy the fault e.g. repairs, parts, labor and travel will be covered, provided that the appliance is accessible for repair without special expenditure. On these conditions the respective local regulations are applicable. Replaced parts become the property of Hopsy. This Limited Warranty is to the benefit of the original purchaser of the product. It is not transferable.
What will Hopsy do to correct the problem?
Hopsy will examine the product and decide, at its sole discretion, if it is covered under this Limited Warranty. If considered covered, Hopsy will then, at its sole discretion, either repair the defective product or replace it with the same or a comparable product. If Hopsy replaces the appliance under the terms of this Limited Warranty, Hopsy will re-install the repaired appliance or install the replacement, if necessary. The operation is covered if the product is easily accessible for repair. If the product is installed in a not standard built-in solution the customer has to make the product accessible before the service visit.
Who will execute the service?
Hopsy will provide the service through its own service operations or authorized service partner network.
What is not covered under this Limited Warranty?
- Normal wear and tear.
- Deliberate or negligent damage, damage caused by failure to observe operating instructions, incorrect installation or by connection to the wrong voltage, damage caused by chemical or electro-chemical reaction, rust, corrosion or water damage including but not limited to damage caused by excessive lime in the water supply, damage caused by abnormal environmental conditions.
- Consumable parts.
- Non-functional and decorative parts which do not affect normal use of the appliance, including any scratches and possible color differences. - Accidental damage caused by foreign objects or substances and cleaning or unblocking of filters, drainage systems or soap drawers.
- Cases where no fault could be found during a technician’s visit.
- Repairs not carried out by Hopsy or our appointed service providers and/or an authorized service contractual partner or where non-original parts have been used.
- Repairs caused by installation which is faulty or not according to specification.
- The use of the appliance in a non-domestic environment i.e. professional use.
- Transportation damages. If a customer transports the product to their home or other address, Hopsy is not liable for any damage that may occur during transport. However, in case of Hopsy delivery of the product to the customer’s delivery address, then eventual damages to the product that occurs during this delivery will be covered by Hopsy.
- Cost for carrying out the initial installation of THE SUB®.
THE SUB® is designed for domestic/home use only. THE SUB® should be used indoors at a room temperature between 54°F and 90°F. The original packaging has been designed to protect the appliance. We recommend that you keep it for future transport. Take THE SUB® out of its packaging, along with the drip tray and the tap handle, and place them on a flat, dry surface that is clean and large enough. Do not install THE SUB® near hot surfaces or in places that are directly exposed to sunlight. To ensure maximum performance, read and follow the instructions for use that accompany your SUB®. Be sure there is a electrical outlet near the appliance. Never use an extension cord. Respect the environment by disposing of the packaging properly. Keep packaging such as large plastic bags out of the reach of children.
Always keep your appliances clean. Use only those cleaning products recommended in the instructions for use. For example, never use abrasive scouring pads as they may scratch or damage surfaces. Read more in the installation and care instructions.
Mobile Terms and Conditions
Receive alerts from Hopsy through your mobile device. Text JOIN to 77590 to receive periodic recurring messages related to Hopsy. Message and data rates may apply.
By opting in to this service, you consent to receive mobile text alerts using an automatic telephone dialing system. Consent to receive marketing text messages is not required as a condition of purchasing any goods or services.
By signing up, you are confirming you are over the age of 21.
Text STOP to 77590 to stop receiving Hopsy Alert messages (you will receive a final confirmation text).
For additional information, text HELP to 77590 or contact [email protected]
Supported carriers are:
AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile®, Verizon Wireless, Boost, Cricket, MetroPCS, U.S. Cellular, Virgin Mobile, ACS Wireless, Appalachian Wireless, Bluegrass Cellular, Carolina West Wireless, Cellcom, C-Spire Wireless (formerly Cellsouth), Cellular One of East Central Illinois, Cincinnati Bell Wireless, Cross (dba Sprocket), Duet IP, Element Mobile, EpicTouch, GCI Communications, Golden State, Hawkeye (Chat Mobility), Hawkeye (NW Missouri Cellular), Illinois Valley Cellular, Immix (Keystone Wireless / PC Management), Inland Cellular, iWireless, Mobi PCS (Coral Wireless LLC), Mosaic, MTPCS / Cellular One (Cellone Nation), Nex-Tech Wireless, nTelos, Panhandle Telecommunications, Peoples Wireless, Pioneer, Plateau, Revol Wireless, Rina - Custer, Rina - All West, Rina - Cambridge Telecom Coop, Rina - Eagle Valley Comm, Rina - Farmers Mutual Telephone Co, Rina - Nucla Nutria Telephone Co, Rina - Silver Star, Rina - South Central Comm, Rina - Syringa, Rina - UBET, Rina - Manti, South Canaan / CellularOne of NEPA, Thumb Cellular, Union Wireless, United, Viaero Wireless, West Central Wireless, Leaco, Nemont/Sagebrush. T-Mobile is not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
If you have questions or comments about these Terms or the Hopsy Sites, Applications or Services, please write, phone or email us via the contact information below:
142 W. 57th
New York, NY 10019